buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Review of the Day: Rimmel Burgundy Lustre

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Monday, September 27, 2010

Review of the Day: Rimmel Burgundy Lustre

Ok, so I don't wear much makeup. I usually just wear lipstick and maybe some shadow. When I was a teenager I couldn't leave the house without eyeliner and lipstick. Now, it's just lipstick. I'm always looking for the perfect shade. Especially since Revlon has stopped making my signature lipstick Chocolate Cherry 350.So, when Real Beauty had an Ultimate Lipstick Challenge to find 5 lipsticks out of 137 that will go with anyone's skin tone.http://www.realbeauty.com/skin-makeup/reviews/lipsticks-glosses/best-brown-lipstick-shade I was hooked. I'm a sucker for browns and burgundy with brownish undertones. They mentioned one lipstick that caught my eye. It was Maybelline Color Sensational Crazy For Coffee. I went to the CVS today to buy it. I took one look at it and realized it was way too light for me. On some of the models that are close to my skin tone it looked great. Maybe it was lighting or some kind of "adjustment." Anyway, I wasn't buying it. So, I didn't want to leave without a lipstick. I went over to Rimmel and the Burgundy Lustre 540 $6.99 at CVS caught my eye. When I got home and put it one I was pleased. It went on smoothly, was very light. The color was very similar to my fave Chocolate Cherry except there was a little more berry. It has a lot of shimmer to it. I did need to reapply about 2 hours later. I think this will be a new everyday lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment