buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Review of the Day:Body By Bethenny

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Friday, November 19, 2010

Review of the Day:Body By Bethenny

Wanted to try a new workout so I searched the On Demand menu and I found this one. I don't watch The Real Housewives of New York City, but I know Bethenny Frankel has written some cookbooks and lost her baby weight after giving birth. So, I was willing to give it a try. She says she wants you to unleash the "skinny girl" in you. I said I have just the one?

Anyway, it's basically a yoga workout. I'm not really a big fan of yoga. I stuck with it though. The workout is lead by yoga instructor Kristin McGee. It's a very basic yoga workout. I liked that Kristin and Bethenny gave us choices on how to perform some of the poses. Like instead of doing a chaturanga they said we could do a child's pose or go straight into downward dog. Kristin and Bethenny seemed to get a long well and I liked that it didn't seem scripted. They chatted like two friends taking a class together. Sometimes Bethenny would talk over or interrupt Kristin so that was a little annoying.

It's a basic, but challenging workout. It did raise my heart rate and it flowed at a nice pace. The one pose I could not do was the back bend. Was too scared to try it. There was a 10 minute strength training workout with some really basic moves like bicep curls, tricep kickbacks and shoulder presses. We did about 2 sets of 12 of each. Then there was a booty bonus. Three standing exercises specifically for the booty.

I like the workout and for those days I don't feel like sweating buckets or jumping around the room for an hour I would do this workout instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment