buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Honey Butter Fried Chicken (Chicago) Review

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Friday, March 20, 2015

Honey Butter Fried Chicken (Chicago) Review


Honey Butter


From the first time I heard those four words Honey Butter Fried Chicken I have wanted to visit that restaurant.  I finally got the chance while visiting Chicago on a very cold day in March 2014.  I made my way from my mom's house on the far south side to Honey Butter Fried Chicken on the northwest side of the city.

As I entered the restaurant I noticed it was packed with people.  There was also a long line for takeout orders.  I stood in the line trying to see the menu.  I finally decided on the four piece meal.  I saw the price and was a bit shocked, but I decided to get the buttermilk biscuit and a side of kale and cabbage slaw.  The price for all of that was $22.  I had to wait about 15 minutes for my meal, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.

Fried Chicken in Chicago
4 piece meal with corn muffins
It was a long trip home and I was very anxious to eat the food.  I had heard so many good things about it.  Finally home and I open the box.  I was surprised at how big the pieces were and that it was only white meat.  I share the meal with my dad.  Unfortunately the chicken got cold and I had to reheat it.  I put the honey butter on it.  It was good, crunchy and seasoned well. Probably would have been better right out of the pan.  Very pleased that the chicken was boneless. My dad loved the corn muffins that came with the chicken.  I thought the buttermilk biscuit was delicious.

Honey Butter Fried Chicken Biscuit
Buttermilk Biscuit and Honey Butter

The kale and cabbage slaw was good and I loved the yogurt cumin dressing.  I would go to Honey Butter Fried Chicken again, but because it is a bit pricey it would be on special occasions.  I do want to try some of the brunch items.  My next trip to Chicago I will make it a priority to eat there again.  They give you plenty of honey butter.  I had enough left over to put on my toast and in my oatmeal. So good!

Kale and Cabbage Slaw
Kale and Cabbage Slaw with Pomegranates Yogurt Cumin Dressing


Honey Butter Fried Chicken is located at Located at 3361 N. Elston Ave. Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 478-4000.  Their hours are Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday 11am-9pm.. Friday and Saturday 11am-10pm. You can connect with them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment