buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Healthy Food: Protein Bar (Chicago) Restaurant Review

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Friday, April 3, 2015

Healthy Food: Protein Bar (Chicago) Restaurant Review

Protein Bar


When I heard about the Protein Bar opening in Chicago I was anxious to visit.  I'm always excited to try a new restaurant and as a person who works out a lot, protein is very important to my diet.  Also it's great to have a healthy food option in downtown Chicago. We visited Chicago in March 2014.  I was able to get to Protein Bar two times.

Protein Bar was clean, very well lit, the wi-fi was great and the service fantastic! The first time I went there I tried the Guac N Roll. A Bar-rito filled with roasted chicken, veggies, and a cilantro lime dressing.  Satisfying meal!  It has 540 calories and 30 grams of protein!
Protein Bar
Guac N Roll


The next time I went to Protein Bar I tried the Spinach and Pesto Bowl and the BGT Drink.  The Spinach and Pesto Bowl was a lot better than I thought it would be.  It has quinoa, basil pesto, roasted chicken, spinach and Parmesan cheese. The bowl is 480 calories and has a whopping 38 grams of protein.  The BGT Drink contains milk of your choice, I chose almond, Matcha Green Tea, vanilla whey protein and banana. The BGT Drink has 240 calories and 19 grams of protein.

Protein Bar
Spinach and Pesto Bowl and BGT Drink


There are several locations open in Chicagoland.  Most of them are downtown Chicago. Hoping that they will expand to more neighborhoods. If not full restaurants maybe they could have Protein Bar Express restaurants located in grocery stores.  I think a partnership with Mariano's would be great!;-)

I highly recommend Protein Bar.  They are located around Chicagoland, Colorado and Washington DC. Check out their website and connect with them on Twitter and Facebook!

Update 4/3/15: Since I originally posted this restaurant review, Protein Bar has added more locations in Chicago and have expanded their menu!  Can't wait to get back to Chicago and try more things!

Protein Bar food

No comments:

Post a Comment